Major fields in Economics
- Development Economics
- Labour Economics
2014 – present: Assistant Professor, Center for Studies and Research in International Development (CERDI), University of Auvergne, France.
2014 – present: Research Affiliate, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), Bonn, Germany.
2015 – present: Director of the Third-year undergraduate program "Political Economics", University of Auvergne, France.
2014: Assistant Professor, Lille Catholic University, France.
2013 – 2014: Teaching Assistant, EDHEC Business School Lille, France.
2007 – 2012: Teaching and Research Assistant, Université Montesquieu-Bordeaux IV, France.
2010 – 2011: Lecturer, Bordeaux Management School, France.
2016: External Collaborator, International Labour Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
2015: Consultant in Statistics, University-Sorbonne, Paris, France.
2013 – 2014: External Collaborator, International Labour Organization,Geneva, Switzerland.
2011: External Collaborator, Understanding Children’s Work project, Rome, Italy.
2009 – 2010: Research Consultant, Understanding Children’s Work project, Rome, Italy.
2009: External Collaborator, International Labour Organization, Lima, Peru.
2008: Intern, International Labour Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
2006: Volunteer worker, BDM Aid organization, Nouakchott, Mauritania.
2009: University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy. Awarded Full Sponsorship to undertake studies on child labour and youth employment.
2007–2010: French Ministry of Education. Awarded a Full Scholarship to pursue full-time study for the PhD degree.
Applied Economics, China Economic Review, Formation Emploi, Journal of Population Economics (x2), Resource and Energy Economics, Revue d’Economie du Developpement.
2013: Qualification for assistant professorship in French Universities.
2007 – 2012: PhD in Economics, Université Montesquieu-Bordeaux IV, France. "Essay on Poverty, Vulnerability and Child labour" (in French), under the supervision on Pr. J.P. Lachaud.
Jury: M. Clément, Y. Diallo, A. Kolev, F. Rosati.
In peer-reviewed journal
- Bargain O. and Boutin D. (2015), "Remittances and Child Labour in Africa: Evidence from Burkina Faso", Journal of Development Studies.
- Boutin D. (2014), "Climate vulnerability, communities’ resilience and child labour", Revue d’Economie politique 2014/4 (Vol. 124).
- Boutin D. (2013), "De l’école à l’emploi: la longue marche de la jeunesse urbaine malienne", Formation Emploi, Vol. 124, pp.22-43.
- Boutin D. (2012), “Family farming, child labour and the wealth paradox: evidence from Mali”, Economics Bulletin, Vol. 32 No.4, pp. 3471-3479.
- Boutin D. (2013), "Child soldiering in Afghanistan” in “Children in Afghanistan: a path to peace", University of Texas Press.
- Boutin D., Caldeira M. and Renard M.F. (2015), "Les pays en développement: quelles politiques, quelles trajectoires ?", Problèmes Economiques.
- Boutin D. and Diallo Y. (2014), "Le travail des enfants en Tunisie: Analyse à partir des enquêtes MICS et ENPE", ILO Consultancy.
- ILO (2013), "Global child labour trend", ILO Consultancy.
Invited seminar and workshop
(7), Unu-Merit Seminar, (forthcoming), Maastricht – The Netherlands (6) Gretha Seminar, (forthcoming), Bordeaux, France; (5) DIW Workshop "Analyzing Extreme Weather Events from a Microeconomic Persperctive",2015, Berlin, Germany;(4) Gretha Seminar, 2014, Bordeaux, France; (3) EconomiX workshop on Advances in Family Economics and Applications to Developing Countries, discutant, 2013, Paris, France; (2) Workshop DIAL-Gretha Developement, 2013, Bordeaux, France; (1) IZA Seminar, 2012, Bonn, Germany.
Refereed conference presentations
(16) ILO-IZA Labour Market Transitions of Young Women and Men, 2016, Geneva, Switzerland; (15) 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Development in Africa, 2015, Dakar, Senegal; (14) Second SITES conference, 2015, Florence, Italy; (13) DIAL Conference, Paris, France;(12) LAGV 2015, Aix-en-provence, France; (11) 32ème Journées de Microéconomie Appliquée (JMA), 2015, Montpellier, France; (10) CSAE Conference, 2015, Oxford, England; (9) 63rd AFSE Meeting, 2014, Lyon, France; (8) 5th Gretha International Conference on Economic Development,2014,
Bordeaux, France; (7) Overlapping Generation Days (poster), 2014, Paris, France; (6) 62nd AFSE Meeting, 2013, Aix-en-Provence, France; (5) 30èmes Journées de Microéconomie Appliquée (JMA), 2013, Nice, France; (4) Norface-CREaM conference on migration, 2013, London, England; (3) IISES Conference, 2012, Lisbon, Portugal; (2) Adapt Unam Conference Youth unemployment and joblessness, 2011, Mexico City, Mexico; (1) International Economic Association IEA World Congress, 2011, Beijing, China.
Regular university lectures
2014 – present: Child Labour Economics (Master 2), Impacts of Migration on left-behind (Master 2), Economics of Malnutrition (Master 2), Survey design (Master 1), Microeconomics of uncertainty (3rd year), Macroeconomics (1rst year); Experimental Economics (Master 2); Clermont-Ferrand; Microeconomics(3rd year), Macroeconomics (3rd year), Lille
2007 – 2012: Econometrics (Master 1), Statistics (1rst and 2nd year), Macroeconomics (1rst year), Bordeaux.
Languages: French (mother tongue), English (proficient), Italian (proficient), Spanish (good written and spoken comprehension), German (very basic).
Computer proficient: Microsoft Office, LaTeX, Statistical and Econometrics software (extensive experience